Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Weigh In Wednesday

I've been a little distracted so I haven't had a chance to update the blog.  But I haven't been distracted from my goals.  Today is "Weigh-in Wednesday" and I'm pleased to report that since last week I've lost 3.4lbs! Yay!  I know that it won't come off that easily always but it's an excellent start.  (And actually from the highest weight I've lost about 10 lbs!)

Today I want to write a little bit about mission statements.  Mission statements are very common in business and organizations.  What do they do?  They outline the purpose of that organization and helps them to stay on track.  It also helps them to outline how they want to do something.  For example Nike's mission statement is:  To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete in the world. 

Mission statements can be company-wide or project-specific.  Again, in my work life setting mission statements has been tremendously helpful in achieving success.  So I decided to set a personal mission statement to help me achieve these goals.  It encompasses all my goals in a succinct way:

I will work to combine the promise I made to my mom before she passed away (to lose weight) with my deep desire to travel off the beaten path while raising money and awareness to help find a cure for cancer.

More to come...

1 comment:

  1. Jodie, I can't tell you how truly beautiful and inspiring your words have been these past few days. I can see the smile on your Mom's face as you write these words. Inspirational is too small a word. Can't wait to "watch" the progress!

    ReplyDelete