Monday, August 29, 2011

Smart Choices...

If I am successful in meeting my goals it will be the result of a million good choices that I made along the way. I wish that it were as easy as making the decision once, but I know that it is more than that. Undoubtedly I will make a few bad choices along the way as well.

Tonight, however, I am celebrating a couple good decisions that I made today.  I had a huge work event yesterday that left me feeling very physically exhausted. I got home at a normal time tonight and instead of laying on the couch (like I wanted to) I decided to lace up my new sneakers and go for a walk. I walked for an hour, did some crunches and push ups and then went for a quick swim.  That was a great set of decisions for a couple reasons.  First, it got me moving. I've been making healthier eating choices this month but I haven't had the time to start any exercise regimen.  This was a terrific start. I always feel better (and sleep better) when I've done some exercise.  Secondly, it was a great decision as I also strive to get a better sense of balance in my life. I'll share more about that in the coming weeks but as I've said before, this isn't just a physical journey for me.  Another piece of it is restoring this work-life balance that I seemed to lose at some point.

My second wise choice today was pretty simple, I ate the lunch I took to work. I was temped to go out for a quick bite when I was running errands (and that was definitely something I used to do often) but I stuck to my original plan. In fact, I've been making and taking my lunch to work pretty regularly all month.

I know I don't weigh in officially until Wednesday but I can usually tell when I've lost some weight. I've been feeling that way for a couple days so I let curiosity get the better of me tonight and I have indeed lost weight!  From July I am down a total of 6.4 lbs and from March a total of 11.4 lbs!

That's a great way to end the day. One decision at a time!

2 comments:

  1. Great job Jodie! You should feel very proud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woke up cold one Tuesday,
    I'm looking tired and feeling quite sick,
    I felt like there was something missing in my day to day life,
    So I quickly opened the wardrobe,
    Pulled out some jeans and a T-Shirt that seemed clean,
    Topped it off with a pair of old shoes,
    That were ripped around the seams,
    And I thought these shoes just don't suit me.

    Hey, I put some new shoes on,
    And suddenly everything is right,
    I said, hey, I put some new shoes on and everybody's smiling,
    It's so inviting,
    Oh, short on money,
    But long on time,
    Slowly strolling in the sweet sunshine,
    And I'm running late,
    And I don't need an excuse,
    'cause I'm wearing my brand new shoes.

    ReplyDelete