Saturday, March 17, 2012

It wasn't pretty...

It was a beautiful, sunny and surprisingly warm March day. I was laying on my couch reading the paper. Suddenly I had a thought.  I had been meaning to look up the "Couch to 5K" program for a while now, but life (as it always does) had gotten in the way.  Today was a rare and wonderful day where I had absolutely NOTHING on my schedule.  I grabbed my iPhone and a few minutes later had downloaded the "Couch to 5K" app and was on my way.  I popped up and started to get ready, shortly thereafter I was out the door and on my way.

It wasn't pretty I'm sure, but the important thing is I did it! I completed the Week 1, Day 1 (W1D1) workout and I feel pretty good.  The theory is that anyone can run a 5K with 9 weeks of careful training.  You basically alternate running and walking until you are able to run the whole 3.1 miles. 

So hopefully this is just the beginning of a new workout regime.  Actually, I have also been doing some yoga in the last few weeks too. I am hoping to alternate that with the running workout.

People have been asking me about my goals and how I am doing. Why hadn't I updated my blog? Was I still working to lose weight? Had I given up?  The short answer is that life got in the way.  I had a stressful fall, and then bought a house this winter and so my time and attention was diverted for a while.  Did I give up? Well, no not in my heart but I admit that I had to take a break from this while I focused elsewhere.  I'm hoping to be a bit more faithful in posting now (and in my workouts).

But here I am, back at it.  For some reason, buying a house seems to have spurred me on to doing things I never thought I would do, such as becoming a neat freak. ;-)  All I know is that it's one step and one day at a time and if I continue to work hard, I can do this!  Thanks for the support!

2 comments:

  1. This is so awesome! I admire anyone who runs because I cannot handle running (reverse DNA, perhaps?). I'll be rooting you on from Cinci!

    ReplyDelete